The fifth annual weSTEM conference is scheduled for Saturday, January 28th, 2017 at the Illini Union in Champaign, IL!
Started in 2013 by the Graduate Society of Women Engineers (GradSWE) at the University of Illinois, weSTEM (Women Empowered in STEM) is a one-day conference that provides a forum for STEM leaders to inspire one another to excel in their disciplines and develop solutions for challenges faced by our global community. Invited speakers will share experience and insight from their diverse and successful career paths following a graduate degree in STEM. Conference includes panel discussions and breakout sessions to facilitate one-on-one interactions with these accomplished speakers and promote the discussion of topics unique to the graduate student experience. The 2017 program will feature:
- Opening and closing keynote addresses
- Dual-track seminar sessions
- Breakout sessions
- Dual-track panel discussions
- Corporate and professional networking opportunities
The weSTEM conference is designed for graduate students by graduate students. Lectures, workshops, and breakout sessions will showcase highly successful careers of men and women in STEM as well as facilitate the discussion of topics unique to the graduate student experience. You will be inspired to excel in your field, stay motivated to complete your degree, and grow passionate about the positive impact you can have on the world following a graduate degree in STEM.
The weSTEM 2017 program schedule is currently under development, so be sure to check back for more information. Please refer to “Past Conferences” to review previous weSTEM program details.
- Want to nominate a speaker for weSTEM 2017? Let us know by filling out this form!
- Interested in speaking at weSTEM? Please contact Ashley Armstrong (email@example.com) with “weSTEM 2017 Speaker” in the subject line.
- Interested in sponsoring weSTEM? Please contact Megan Witzke (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “weSTEM 2017 Sponsorship” in the subject line.
We look forward to welcoming you at weSTEM!